Neck wrinkles may appear on your neck as creases and folds of skin in that area. Most of the time, it appears due to the ageing process, but several external factors also elevate the appearance of wrinkles on your neck at an early age.
Let’s look into the causes behind neck wrinkles and the techniques you can use to get rid of them.
The causes of neck wrinkles may include:
- Lack Of Collagen And Elastin – It causes your neck skin to lose its firmness.
- Prolonged Exposure To UV rays – Generally, it’s from the sun that dehydrates the skin leading it to appear saggy.
- Excessive Smoking Or Drinking – Makes your skin lose its moisture and accelerates the premature wrinkle appearance on your neck.
- Genetics – It can also determine when and how your wrinkles will appear, and it can be prevented by taking steps to delay the wrinkle formation process.
In the case of the ageing process, you can delay the process but you cannot completely avoid the neck wrinkles. However, taking care of your skin may lessen its appearance in your old age.
Proven Techniques for Getting Rid of Neck Wrinkles
If you already have neck wrinkles, then you can apply the six proven techniques to get rid of your neck wrinkles, and some of them might even prevent them from reappearing on your skin for a very long time.
It may include:
- Retinoids, Vitamin C and Peptides – All of these increase the production of collagen which makes your skin look young and fresh. Vitamin C is antioxidants that protect your skin from UV rays damage. Retinoids work to increase firmness and plumps your skin, while peptides produce proteins to revitalize the skin giving it anti-ageing properties. You may also see all of them as one of the core ingredients in any anti-ageing skincare products.
- Cleansing And Exfoliation – Neck skin is more vulnerable to dryness as that area produces less natural lubricant. Exfoliation helps you remove dead cells that appear dull, wrinkled, and even cause acne on your neck skin due to dirt piled up in the pores. While cleansing helps the anti-ageing products to be effective on clean and fresh skin. Don’t use too much pressure on your skin and avoid harsh ingredients for exfoliation and cleansing as they may harm it instead of helping it to get wrinkle-free.
- Chemical Peels – A series of treatments helps you peel an old wrinkled skin layer using chemicals on the neck skin to reveal a tighter and brighter new skin layer. It is a controlled way to eliminate the old layer of skin while the new skin layer is free of wrinkles and easily adjusts in its new place.
- Laser Treatments – Laser skin resurfacing is one of the famous and quickest ways to reduce the fine line on your skin. The effect of this treatment lasts at least three to five years. It uses a beam of light of a specific wavelength on the affected area and causes your skin to increase the production of collagen and other healthy cells. One of the benefits of these treatments is that it is less likely to lead to adverse side effects because of the non-toxic delivery method.
- Botox And Dermal Fillers – Both of these treatments use injections filled with the substance while having few portions of hyaluronic acid (HA) in them, it helps reduce wrinkles on your skin. Botox is mainly used to treat wrinkles that occur naturally by relaxing the muscles around the problem area. Dermal fillers are used to plump up sagging skin while smoothing out the skin tone that ultimately reduces the appearance of wrinkles on your neck.
- Microdermabrasion – This treatment is often described as a polishing process as it uses a hand-held machine on your skin to remove dead cells and brings out a smoother and even surface of the skin. Moreover, it also reduces the signs of ageing and makes your fine lines go away for about six to twelve months.
Additional Ways To Get Rid Of Neck Wrinkles
Some other ways can also help you to reduce the appearance of neck wrinkles. Most of them are part of your daily life practices, which are:
- Stop Smoking – It jumpstarts the ageing process while turning skin colour to a yellowish shade and causes creases around the mouth, which later reaches your neck. In fact, too much smoking leads to developing permanent creases.
- Avoid Sun Exposure – Wear an SPF of 30 or higher sunscreen to avoid the harmful effects of UV rays on your skin. It will protect your skin from sun exposure and developing premature wrinkles.
- Scrub And Moisturize – Use an easy homemade scrub that you can prepare at your home in no time. Mix brown sugar, drops of a lemon, and a teaspoon bit of honey in a bowl. After that, apply it to your skin and gently scrub for two to three minutes. Wash and rinse the apply moisturizer lotion to avoid getting your skin drier.
- Diet, Routine And Exercise – Keep a well-balanced diet and routine and make sure to eat nutritious food like brown rice, bread, yoghurt, fruits and veggies. Healthy eating fulfils the body requirement to keep your skin healthy and fresh. It also encourages the cell renewal process and supply of antioxidants, which ultimately prevents neck wrinkles. At the same time, neck exercise helps relax the muscles and improves blood flow that encourages wrinkle-free skin.
- Hydration And Vitamin Intake – Keep your body hydrated with plenty of fluids. Drink one litre of water daily to help your skin stay firm and healthy. Also, taking necessary vitamin supplements such as vitamin C, Omega-3, Omega-6, and vitamin B makes your skin elastic. It plumps its sagging, as these vitamins naturally help your body to stimulate collagen production. Taking omega supplements just before bedtime lets your body repair cell membranes and produce the required amount of collagen that keeps the skin wrinkle-free naturally.
You may get wrinkles due to the ageing process or other factors that cause a lack of collagen production and other necessary proteins for your skin. Fortunately, there are many options available to get rid of your neck wrinkles. You can treat it by implementing a healthy routine, using skin exfoliation products, or even going to licensed skincare professionals to get rid of your neck wrinkles using safe treatments and procedures.